Preventing the Spread of Illness
Oregon Health Authority (OHA) continues to recommend that all people in Oregon take precautions to prevent the spread of illnesses, especially those in the most at-risk groups, including older adults and people with underlying health conditions. The recommendation precautions for COVID-19 and influenza are:
- Minimize contact with people who may be ill, particularly upper respiratory illness involving sneezing, coughing and congestion, as COVID-19 can be spread by droplet.
- Avoid large public gatherings, as it increases the chance of being exposed or contracting any illness.
- Order prescriptions by mail to decrease exposure.
- Consistently practice the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use waterless hand cleaner frequently throughout the day.
- To decrease the risk of infecting yourself, do not touch your face.
- Clean all surfaces frequently with recommended cleaners.