Swing Bed Rehabilitation
If you or a loved one could benefit from rehabilitation following a stay in the hospital, we’re here for you. As a critical access facility, Coquille Valley Hospital provides short-term, skilled healthcare services on an inpatient basis as part of our swing bed rehabilitation program to help patients transition from the hospital to home.
Skilled Healthcare Services
Disease Process Management
- Consecutive three-day, acute-care hospital stay, due to injury, illness, medical condition, or surgery*
- Stable medical status and physician authorization
- Daily skilled-care need related to the acute-care hospitalization
- Participation in Medicare Part A or other qualified insurance plan
Benefits to Patients
- Quicker recovery time
- Lower incidence of infection
- Less risk of re-hospitalization
- 1:5 provider-to-patient ratio
- Patient-centered care and education
The Coquille Valley Hospital short-term swing bed rehabilitation program is designated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and is designed to assist patients in reaching their highest potential for health and independence prior to returning to a home setting.
*Patients who have spent at least three consecutive days at any hospital in the past 30 days may qualify for the Coquille Valley Hospital swing bed program.